Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Mother's LOVE










Today we celebrated my mother's birthday. It was such an awakening. A blessing. For years I took moments like these for granted. I was surrounded by family. Family that I know loves me. Good, bad, ugly. They still love me. I seen smiles in the faces of my love ones, that I never took notice to before. It's the little things that you wish you would have noticed more of.
I'm so thankful for such a strong "Cord". (Eccl. 4:12). They are firm believers in P.U.S.H (Pray until something happens).

Looking at the love of a mother made me think about the love of God. How amazing is it to know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us. Good, bad, ugly. A Father that seen all the valleys we went through and still stood beside us. An Abba who will never leave or abandon us. No matter how much we have disappointed. Thank you God, for a love that us mere humans can never fathom. Thank you for seeing my beauty amidst all the ashes.

What love.

Could you love that much?
A friend? A Spouse? A Child? Could you love someone so much. That no matter what they have ever done, you will still always love them the same? If your spouse was unfaithful? Could you forgive and forget? That's true love. If your child stole from you. Could you still love them the same as the lil' 5 year old prince they once was? What if your little football star turned into a drug dealer? One late call, after another, "Come bail me out". Would your love waiver now? God's never will. His love is that BIG. BIGGER. Think about that. Really think.

Could you love that much?

No comments:

Post a Comment